ANNOUNCE: midori 0.4.6 released

kenneth marken kemarken at broadpark.no
Tue May 15 19:35:16 CEST 2012

On 15. mai 2012 00:57, Christian Dywan wrote:

> Release notes for 0.4.6
> =======================
> Time for a bag full of bug fixes. Prominently 0.4.5 has a regression
> that causes security status to not work at all, so I urge all 0.4.5
> users to update immediately.
>
> We fixed potential crasher bugs in the geolocation infobar,
> about:version on some systems and opening bookmarks from Unity global
> menu in Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Problems with wrong page icons in multi-frame sites like Google Mail or
> Tumbler have been addressed. If WebKit 1.8.0 is available Midori will
> use its WebKitFaviconDatabase interface to improve page icon
> consistency.
>
> Chinese users will like that Midori now offers both Simplified and
> Traditional Chinese charsets out of the box in case you need to override
> it.
>
> Finally, say goodbye to empty tabs due to opening download links with a
> target. Kudos to Martin for looking into that!

I notice that 0.4.6 maintains the tab behavior i observed in 0.4.5.

Said behavior is this, when all the tabs open show page titles, they are
not shrunk as the tab bar fills up. Set one or more of them to icon
only, and the size changes however. Revert one of the shrunk tabs, and
it will maintain minimal size until a new tab is opened, were the
recently reverted tab will regain its full size.