ANNOUNCE: midori 0.4.6 released

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Tue May 15 00:57:23 CEST 2012

midori 0.4.6 is now available for download from

  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.4/midori-0.4.6.tar.bz2
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.4/midori-0.4.6.tar.bz2.md5
  http://archive.xfce.org/src/apps/midori/0.4/midori-0.4.6.tar.bz2.sha1

  SHA1 checksum: da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709
   MD5 checksum: d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

What is midori?
===============

A lightweight web browser based on WebKitGTK+, for Unix, Windows, Maemo
and other platforms. Several extensions provide advanced functionality
such as advertisement blocking, cookie management, userscripts or mouse
gestures.

Website:
  http://www.twotoasts.de/index.php?/pages/midori_summary.html

Release notes for 0.4.6
=======================
Time for a bag full of bug fixes. Prominently 0.4.5 has a regression
that causes security status to not work at all, so I urge all 0.4.5
users to update immediately.

We fixed potential crasher bugs in the geolocation infobar,
about:version on some systems and opening bookmarks from Unity global
menu in Ubuntu 12.04.

Problems with wrong page icons in multi-frame sites like Google Mail or
Tumbler have been addressed. If WebKit 1.8.0 is available Midori will
use its WebKitFaviconDatabase interface to improve page icon
consistency.

Chinese users will like that Midori now offers both Simplified and
Traditional Chinese charsets out of the box in case you need to override
it.

Finally, say goodbye to empty tabs due to opening download links with a
target. Kudos to Martin for looking into that!