Dark themes

Marton Balazs balmar3 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:50:56 CEST 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012, Mișu Moldovan wrote:

> ... But Ubuntu's Upgrade Manager is not part of Xfce, can't say
> anything about it as I'm using Gentoo.

Thanks for your answer. Upgrade Manager seems to look at the theme as
changing to Xfce-dusk solved the problem. Should I bring this up
somewhere near Ubuntu?

> As for Xfce's weather plugin[1], the only problem in regards to dark
> themes seems to be the fact that highest and lowest temperatures in
> the "Weather Update" window use hard-coded colors. Been thinking about
> reporting this in Xfce's Bugzilla too, but it's not such a big deal...
> I don't see other issues with this plugin, but feel free to report
> your problem in the appropriate section of Xfce's Bugzilla[2].

Sorry I wasn't clear enough, in Albatross the animated info
(temperature, wind speed, etc) on the panel, without opening any window,
was difficult to read. Now in Xfce-dusk it's fine (white fonts on dark
grey panel).

Marton