Can anyone diagnose this thunar-volman error please?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Mar 20 11:08:04 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 03:19:12PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:

> > > That's where I'm at now!
> >
> > Been there a million times.  It's always something.  Keep plugging
> > away and you'll get it eventually. (If I were in your shoes, I'd
> > probably be pretty close to reinstalling).  Some things that might
> > yield more information --
> >
> I'm currently trying *almost* that, I'm doing "apt-get install
> --reinstall <package>" for every package on the system.

Well, that didn't work, it just broke a couple more minor things.

So, I bit the bullet, and re-installed.  It wasn't as painful as I
expected, less than 24hrs later I have almost everything customised back
the way I want it (having remembered to copy the whole of /etc and /var,
the only little bit I forgot was /usr/local).  ... and automount of USB
sticks is working now!  :-)

--
Chris Green