Chnage application menu? -

Ajax Criterion ajax.criterion at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 21:07:45 CET 2012

I'm assuming you are looking to change the name that is displayed in
the XFCE menu, correct?  If that is the case, then you can edit the
.desktop entry for the desired application, which ought to be some
place like /usr/share/applications (system-wide) or
~/.local/share/applications (user-specific). You'll have a bunch of
files in that directory which all end in the extension '.desktop'
(when viewed in a terminal; when viewed in a file manager they might
show up with the same display name as shown in the XFCE menu).  Open
the one you want to change in a text editor, find the line that starts
with "Name=" and edit that line to read how you want it displayed in
the menu.  Save the file, then log out and back into XFCE (or run
'xfce4-panel -r' from the command line to restart the panel), and the
application should show up with your custom name in the menu.

-Ahau