request for 4.10

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 08:51:11 CET 2012

On 03/04/2012 11:34 PM, Andrzej wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 11:48 AM, Todd And Margo Chester wrote:
>>
>> In 4.8, when I am editing an "Item's" properties in a "Launcher",
>> I am not able to directly edit the path of the "Icon".
>
> Normally icons are selected by name only (they don't have a "path"
> attribute). The file name/path of the underlying image is controlled via
> icon size, icon theme etc. If you experience problems with icon
> selection you can try using gtk-update-icon-cache command first.
>
>> Would you consider adding a way to directly edit the "Icon's" path?
>
> In the icon chooser dialog box switch "Select icon from" to "Image
> Files". This will let you select a specific icon/image file manually.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrzej

Hi Andrzej,

Where I usually have a problem is when someone like Libre
Office does a revision update (3.4 --> 3.5 was the last
one).  I have to go grubbing about to get the new icon.

What I would like is access to the raw path, that way
I can easily change the 4 as in 3.4 to 5 as in 3.5.
Way easier than hunting down the icon with the mouse.
It would also give me a clue as to where to find the
new icons if I knew where to old ones where located.

-T