Using OpenVPN from Xfce Desktop Environment

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 15:01:45 CEST 2012

> I would be using the client for access to a couple of corporate VPNs
> which use Cisco AnyConnect appliances, and also for connection to a
> couple of social action network VPNs which use OpenVPN Server.

I presume it's not your choice what VPN to use.

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Cisco-closes-holes-in-its-VPN-client-and-security-appliances-1623170.html

Openssh can work well as a VPN if set up right, which isn't hard and
would avoid your net config switching issues. You could perhaps just
have an xfce application menu picking up different keys.