Gigolo, Thunar and Windows Shares

Enrico Tröger enrico at xfce.org
Wed Jun 20 23:15:33 CEST 2012

On 20/06/12 15:28, Michał Olber wrote:
> W dniu 20.06.2012 14:31, Xavier Naveira pisze:
>> Hi, I've got a question regarding xfce, I'm trying to access a windows
>> share mounted by gigolo from the command line, but the only path I get
>> from thunar is smb://server/share, the share isn't mounted on ~/.gvfs
>> or /run/user/gvfs, nor shows when I run "mount" so the question is
>> where is the gigolo share mounted on the files system, I'm on F17 and
>> XFCE 4.8.
>
> You need to install gvfs and gvfs-backend to get access.

If I understand the OP correctly, he already mounted the Samba share,
just the Fuse filesystem doesn't work yet. So he obviously has GVfs and
its Samba installed.

@Xavier: please make sure you have gvfs-fuse installed which is
necessary to access GVfs mounts in /.gvfs.

Some general hints about GVfs and Fuse can be found on

http://www.uvena.de/gigolo/help.html

If this all won't help, please provide some more information about your
setup, what exactly works and what not and what you expect.

Regards,
Enrico