Problems with recording.

Graeme Wolfendale gwolfendale at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 06:51:51 CEST 2012

Hi Ray

This package (gnome-volume-control) does exist in some form, at least
it does on my system, I just ran it. Have you checked that you have
the repository for it? I'm not sure which one that is, but if you look
in "Software Centre" > Edit menu > Software sources, you might be able
to add it there perhaps?

This isn't my area of expertise, but perhaps try that, or just type

gnome-volume-control

at the shell, see if that works perhaps?

Regards,

Graeme

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 5:22 AM, Ray Andrews <rayandrews at eastlink.ca> wrote:
> On 13/06/12 06:13 PM, Graeme Wolfendale wrote:
>
> Hey Graeme, thanks for the response:
>
>> Hi Ray,
>>
>> This probably isn't XFCE related. The sound handling isn't that good
>> on linux, I have a problem with gnome and XFCE where I can't play
>> sound from two different windows at once.
>>
>> As for your problem, have you tried
>>
>> sudo apt-get install gnome-volume-control
>
> There's no such package, which seems strange.  Maybe this is some issue
> between Mint and Debian proper.
>
> Sergio,
>

> Check if gnome-media is installed (I think that's the name of it).
>

> Yep, it's installed, but no joy.
>
> Anyway, I expect you're right, that this has nothing to to with Xfce. But I
> thought that maybe the Xfce package somehow gets the libraries mixed up or
> something like that.

Graeme Wolfendale