Problems with recording.

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Thu Jun 14 06:22:56 CEST 2012

On 13/06/12 06:13 PM, Graeme Wolfendale wrote:

Hey Graeme, thanks for the response:
> Hi Ray,
>
> This probably isn't XFCE related. The sound handling isn't that good
> on linux, I have a problem with gnome and XFCE where I can't play
> sound from two different windows at once.
>
> As for your problem, have you tried
>
> sudo apt-get install gnome-volume-control
There's no such package, which seems strange.  Maybe this is some issue
between Mint and Debian proper.

Sergio,

Check if gnome-media is installed (I think that's the name of it).

Yep, it's installed, but no joy.

Anyway, I expect you're right, that this has nothing to to with Xfce.
But I thought that maybe the Xfce package somehow gets the libraries
mixed up or something like that.