Debian + Xfce4

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Wed Jun 13 17:41:18 CEST 2012

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:29:49 +0200 (CEST)
timystery at arcor.de wrote:

> Nope. I have several Debians on both 32 and 64 bit computers with Xfwm4 as debian packages and from time to time and start to start I have to execute xfwm4 manually.

Actually, a student of mine had the same problem - when booting, xfwm4
wasn't not running. I suggested saving a session with xfwm4 started
manually and then disable auto-saving sessions. That seems to have
worked.

Which make me suspect that auto-saving a session doesn't save a manually
started xfwm4 instance. Haven't had time to investigate further...

John