thunar-volman not mountig dirves at begining whn slim manager is loaded

sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br sergiocmailbox-xfce at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jun 7 23:59:41 CEST 2012

--- Em qui, 7/6/12, Pablo Trujillo <pabloctrujillov at gmail.com> escreveu:

> De: Pablo Trujillo <pabloctrujillov at gmail.com>
> Assunto: thunar-volman not mountig dirves at begining whn slim manager is loaded
> Para: xfce at xfce.org
> Data: Quinta-feira, 7 de Junho de 2012, 18:21
> Hi
>
> I'm working in a custom-made os based in ubuntu it has xfce4
> + thunar
> + slim + other stuff.
>
> right now Im working with the usb and drives auto-mounting.
> I set the
> policy rules,  running the ck-launch-session , etc, etc
> as I saw in
> the web when I search about it.
>
> All works fine, when I plug the usb drives the OS mount all
> with no problem.
>
> But I realized that when the drive is already plug  and
> start the slim
> login manager, and this load the thunar (I can see it with
> ps -A ).
> No volume is mounted. howere I can see it in the thuanr
> window and
> when I click on them they are mounted.
>
> But I need that this devices are already mounted when
> I  load my application.
>
> In the previous version of thunar-volman  I made this
> step using the
> volman --added-device option  from  a script, and
> running this script
> when slim is started and it works.
>
> this option needs a UDI and for that I use HAL to get this,
> but in
> this new version this is not working . I know that the new
> versions of
> thunar-volman are not using hal anymore.
>
> Do you have any idea about how I can resolve this with the
> new thunar-volman.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

Hi Pablo. See here the solution: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/xfce4-10-automount-disk-on-desktop-on-login-947198/page2.html

By the way, as I could never get thunar-volman to auto-mount, if you have time please share these policies you talked about that are needed for it to work (I use LXDM and it already runs consolekit).