launcher run line problem

Todd And Margo Chester toddandmargo at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 23:46:23 CEST 2012

> On 07/28/2012 09:45 AM, Mike Massonnet wrote:

>>> first guess, %% gets mangled through a printf... Try omitting the '-g
>>> 80%%', but I could be wrong. Try omitting some of the quoted parameters
>>> as well.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I created a launcher with the following parameters which worked fine:
>> rdesktop -u user -p pass -g 1024x768 hostname
>>
>> You can check the content of the launcher in the following location:
>> ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/xfce4/panel/launcher-<ID>/<ID>.desktop
>>
>> and test it with the "xdg-open" command.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mike
>
> I shortened the command line all the way down to
>
>       rdesktop hostname
>
> Works fine from a command line, but not the launcher.
> Now I am really stumped!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -T

On a hunch, I created a new launcher and copied and pasted to it
from the first launcher.  The second launcher works perfectly.
Something must have got corrupted that was hidden away from sight.

Anyway, thank you for all the help.  You got me think enough
to find the solution.  It is a good think to have other
to bounce things off of.

-T