Weather plugin 8.0 local time issue

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Tue Jul 24 18:39:21 CEST 2012

Am 24.07.2012 11:33, schrieb Bela Markus:
> Harald,
>
> Google Maps offers such a lookup. Do not know current conditions, pricing.
>
> An alternative is http://askgeo.com/ they are offering it free for non
> profit.
>
> http://www.worldweatheronline.com/time-zone-api.aspx offers a free API
> according to their WEB.
>
> And there are others.
>
> Maybe one is interested to add it to the code.
>
> Regards... Bela

Thanks. Eventually, I will get to it, and I could have already done it
before releasing 0.8.0, but my primary concern has been making the
plugin work properly for your current location. So this release might
seem a bit hurried, the basic features are usable but there will be
issues like the one you encountered.

What's more, you have to spend quite some time finding a good, free and
reliable service with an appropriate license and then spend more time
implementing the feature. Then you add it, and maybe something else
breaks. On its own, it may seem simple, but together with the other
tasks on the todo list and the bugs popping up now and then which might
even require debugging this can quickly fill your day.

So for the next release, there will only be critical and trivial fixes,
cleanup and maintenance work, stuff concerning package maintainers and
translators. New features and more complicated fixes will have to wait
for later.

Patches are always welcome, especially for things on the todo list. Just
add them to the bug tracker.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'