Xfwm window borders do not respond to touch screen

Chandler Paul thatslyude at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:33:27 CEST 2012

Hello, recently I got my hands on a Lenovo S10-3t with a multitouch
screen. Everything works fine, however titlebars of windows along with
their borders do not respond to my touch screen exclusively. I can
interact with windows normally with my touch screen, however I cannot
use my touch screen to move a window, minimize a window, close a
window, etc. unless I use the right click menu on a window button. Now
if I try to do the same with my laptop's touch pad, it works just fine.
I am very sure this is an actual problem with xfwm, as I have /no/
issues with anything else other then window borders, and metacity along
with twm allow me to interact with title bars and window borders
perfectly using my touch screen. In addition, the Xorg mailing list
told me that the issue is most likely with Xfwm as opposed to Xorg
itself due to the fact that everything else with my touch screen works
fine. I have looked through all the Xfce settings over and over again
with no luck, and I have verified that Xorg is indeed showing a click
event for my touch screen using xev. Xorg's log shows nothing of use
either. If anyone would help me I would be very thankful.