Suggestion for bug report component - help please

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:22:29 CET 2012

I have an odd problem with a particular left-handed user with the xfce
desktop in Fedora f16  -  the
machine is running x86_64 f16 fully up to date - one user out of
several on the machine needs to have the mouse set to left-handed and
all users are running xfce as the desktop.

Everything works beautifully including for all users including the
user with the mouse set to left-handed until the machine is rebooted
- then for all right-handed users there is no problem after a reboot -
but on the first login after rebooting to the new kernel
gives strange mouse behaviour only for the left-handed user, and a right
click (i.e. a left click for a right-handed typical user) on the
logout icon in the panel ( green running man icon ) does not respond
to give the logout
options - a series of clicks onto Applications menu options gives a
logout but the logout only occurs when clicking on the cancel button -
after logging our and then logging back in all is well and there is no
issue at all -
until the next time the machine is rebooted, and the same thing
happens just on the first login after rebooting.

This has only happened with f16 - previously the machine was running
f14.  On a different machine also running f16 but with i686 the same
issue occurs for the left-handed user and not for right-handed users -
so it would seem an issue somewhere in xfce but I don't know where, or
how to confirm this?

This problem does not occur for any other user (all others have
right-handed mouse).

I don't know what component to file a bugzilla report under for
this.

I would appreciate it is someone could point to a procedure to find
more diagnosis info to add to a report, and also what component I
should report this under.

It is possible that very few left handed xfce users are out there and
hitting this problem, but I would like to find a resolution to this
issue.

Thanks for any help.

--
mike c