Panel Clock LCD Layout Missing Segment

John Marshall john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au
Tue Feb 21 01:49:59 CET 2012

rwpc13> uname -rsm
FreeBSD 9.0-RELEASE i386

rwpc13> pkg_info -Ex xfce
gtk-xfce-engine-2.9.0
libxfce4gui-4.8.1
libxfce4menu-4.8.1
libxfce4util-4.8.2
xfce-4.8
xfce4-appfinder-4.8.0_1
xfce4-conf-4.8.1
xfce4-desktop-4.8.3
xfce4-mixer-4.8.0
xfce4-netload-plugin-1.1.0
xfce4-panel-4.8.6
xfce4-print-4.6.1_7
xfce4-session-4.8.2_2
xfce4-settings-4.8.3
xfce4-systemload-plugin-1.0.0_2
xfce4-tumbler-0.1.23
xfce4-utils-4.8.3_2
xfce4-wm-4.8.3
xfce4-wm-themes-4.6.0_1

I recently upgraded a few desktop systems to FreeBSD 9.0 and built all
ports (including Xfce4) from scratch. Since then I've been fooled not a
few times by the clock display.

I include the clock in my panel and I have it set to the LCD display
layout. Since the recent rebuild (on three systems) the middle segment
is missing on the 8, so that the 8 displays as a 0. The middle segment
on the 6 is very thin. The middle segment displays fine in all other
cases (2, 3, 4, 5, 9). This only affects the clock's LCD layout.

I'm seeing this on three similarly configured systems and have seen a
report of identical behaviour with the same Xfce4 versions on FreeBSD
8.2-STABLE.

I have no idea as to what may have induced this change - I installed
everything fresh - or to whom to send a bug report. Is this likely to be
anything to do with Xfce, or an underlying graphics library, or fonts,
or...? Any clues would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
John Marshall