Display brightness keys suddenly stopped working

Maximilien Noal noal.maximilien at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:39:19 CET 2012

On 02/20/2012 03:38 PM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> HI,
>
> I just realized the display brightness function keys are no longer
> working, whereas xfce used to interpret those key-presses correctly
> some time ago.
> I would be happy about some hints where to start looking for potential problems.
>
> Thanks, Clemens
Hi,

Works here (Xfce 4.8.3 on ArchLinux, Asus Laptop)

Does it work with the lcd brightness plugin for the Xfce panel [1] ?

You might also be able to assign [Fn] keys (or others) to two custom
console commands that will lower/maximize the brightness in Settings
Manager -> Keyboard -> Application Shortcuts.
I forgot which command line tool can do it (xbacklight, maybe ?). There
may be several ways.

[1]
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/applications/xfce4-power-manager#lcd_brightness_plugin