Many Updates To Xfce - Will xubuntu 11.10 Update To Them?

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Feb 14 09:57:36 CET 2012

On Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:17:10 +0200
Mișu Moldovan <dumol at xfce.org> wrote:

> I would argue that Gentoo is closer to the spirit of BSD.

I used Gentoo for >5yrs befor moving to Arch and still believe that Arch
is closer to FreeBSD starting from init scripts to having support for
*both* binary and source packages and to me it is kind of 'sweet spot'
between Gentoo and Ubuntu in a sense that for the most part of the
system there are binary packages (I never really felt that my Gentoo
system was much quicker for the price of compiling everything) and it is
still very easy (PKGBUILDs are even simpler than portage scripts) to
build from the source.

At the end, it's important that we agree about the merits of Xfce. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
But those who, out of envy, disregard these teachings and do not
follow them are to be considered bereft of all knowledge, befooled,