Thunar mount with Read-only root segmentation fault

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 16:22:20 CET 2012

Hi

Just thought I'd let you's know.

If you mount / ro, plug in a usb and click on it to mount in Thunar you
get output starting.

GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_mount_get_root: assertion `G_IS_MOUNT (mount)'
failed

and end ending with

GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_file_get_uri: assertion `G_IS_FILE (file)'
failed
Segmentation fault

In Nautilus you get the message box

"Error creating mount point: Read-only file system"

I use my own udev rules and scripts to enable both noexec and static
mount points that work with a read only root and which show under the
computer section in Nautilus as usb[0-19], whilst the device section
lets you know what devices are plugged in.

Is it possible or does anyone know how to get the computer section or
mount points rather than just devices show up in Thunar?

--
Kc