Finally remembered to try out the new thunar with TABS

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 6 18:00:36 CET 2012

I haven't had time to try out the new kid on the block much (spacefm)
but atleast until then Thunar is now my favourite by a long way.

I have a lot of files in my home directory and nautilus takes >4
seconds to open a new tab to ~/. Thunar does it in a fraction of a
second.

Thunar looks far better than Nautilus new look they don't want you to
change and I can be completely sure my custom colours will continue to
work.

I can add actions like kfind more easily than the latest dolphin.

The only feature I miss from any other FM is the filesizeview plugin of
konqueror but konqueror seems a bit clunky in newer kdes with some
strange refreshes.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)