Thunar upgrade

Mark oodlexaps at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 20:49:39 CET 2012

Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 16:59 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > By the way, I do like Xfce very much, and I have installed it for
> > both daughter and wife on their laptops as well as my desktop. Late
> > next year perhaps I will see how Xubuntu is going and may move to
> > the latest version then. I always do a fresh install, never use
> > upgrades.
>
> This goes against what Ubuntu and Debian and others are trying to make
> happen SMOOTHLY. The upgrades routes are tested in significantly
> diverse setups. You are depriving yourself to actually learning and
> understanding what is going on.

I have done well upgrading also.  I use Xubuntu.

There is one recurring problem that is easy to fix: whenever I upgrade
I (usually?) get blank icons in several places.

I think all I had to do was go and select a theme.  Unfortunately,
every time I get to the solution I think to myself "That was easy" and
never document it.