xflock4 backlight behavior

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 05:11:26 CET 2012

Ctrl+Alt+Del is a shortcut to xflock4, and I've noticed that if I release
Ctrl+Alt as quickly as possible after pressing Del, the backlight turns off
and remains off as it should.  However, if I'm at all sluggish about
releasing Ctrl+Alt after I press Del, the backlight turns off but then
turns back on less than a second later even though the screen remains
locked and the unlock dialog does not appear.  Will the backlight remain on
indefinitely in this case?  I'm using xlockmore as the locker.

- Grant