xfce4-weather-plugin: symbols & descriptions update

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Thu Aug 30 16:46:33 CEST 2012

Am 30.08.2012 16:22, schrieb Lili-Anne Girard:
> 2012/8/30 Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at>:
>>
>> Actually I believe these icons to come from a no longer existing web site
>> called "liquidweather.net". Seems most of their icons have been under GPL,
>> though with the resource gone, validation is not possible. I believe that
>> the original author, Bob Schlärmann, did choose a GPL or free-to-use theme,
>> though ;-)
>>
>> http://www.atreidis.demon.nl/weatherplugin/
>>
>> Time machine doesn't bring up anything unfortunately
>> (http://archive.org/web/web.php).
>>
>> Harald
>>

> http://web.archive.org/web/20100724155753/http://liquidweather.net/icons.php
>
> "Please note that the weather.com icons are used with permission of
> the weather.com website, and the Beginning and Grzanka icons are used
> with the permission of their authors. This means that these iconsets
> may not be copied, modified or redistributed without permission. The
> same applies to the Umicons included in the core liquid weather
> tarball."

Ok, I failed to use the time machine properly ;-)

Looking at that page, we can exclude the weather.com, Beginning and
Grzanka icons, they are clearly not the same as the icons the xfce
weather plugin uses. Unfortunately(?), it's the same with the other
icons. That leaves only those "Um" icons to investigate, which are
supposed to have been included in the liquid weather core package, but
where can we find them nowadays?

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'