xfce4-weather-plugin: symbols & descriptions update

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 12:35:32 CEST 2012

Should this be of any use..

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
> Am 29.08.2012 18:18, schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
>> http://standards.freedesktop.org/icon-naming-spec/icon-naming-spec-latest.html
>> which are also used by KDE/GNOME applications you wouldn't need to
>> include them at all with the added benefit that these are covered
>> by most icon themes and thus avoids the problems with dark themes
>> etc.
>
> Thanks for your suggestion. I understand the benefits of the standardized
> icons, but given the amount of free weather icon sets available, there might
> be more work writing new code for the standardized icons instead of simply
> exchanging the existing set with another one. Besides, I find the special

I checked the excellent Faenza icon theme [1] and it comes, indeed,
with suitable status/weather icons (appropriate for light or dark
panels). Unless there is some rigidity introduced from using the fd.o
specs, I think there is value in standardization.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://tiheum.deviantart.com/art/Faenza-Icons-173323228