slow keys must die. now

Miguel Guedes miguel.a.guedes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:24:53 CEST 2012

On 21/08/12 08:15, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> If I may chime in, toggling this option doesn't have any effect.  I
> believe there is a second setting somewhere that keeps the shortcut
> functional.  So far my investigations have led me to these glib2
> settings:
>
>    org.gnome.desktop.a11y.keyboard slowkeys-enable
>
> But the setting above with `gsettings' also seem to be ignored (probably
> because the menu you pointed to is a frontend for this option, and it is
> the same issue).  My understanding is very little about desktop
> configuration mechanisms, so I have put this on hold for a later time.

Yes, you're right, Suvayu. It seems I mistakenly assumed the OP was not
aware of the Accessibility settings and failed to consider that his
issue might be due to a different, less intuitive, reason.

As Jerome has pointed out in this thread, the issue seems to be related
to the AccessXKeys feature.

Miguel