slow keys must die. now

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 09:15:40 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 04:25:51PM +0100, Miguel Guedes wrote:
> On 19/08/12 16:17, Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
> >On 19/08/12 10:57, Paul Johnson types:
> >>Who do you think I can complain to?
> [snip]
> >>
> >>I'm sick to death of this stupid, inconvenient, "feature" called slow
> >>keys. While I'm trying to write an essay--and thinking--and I don't
> >>want to be penalized for leaving my finger on the shift key.  I
> >>understand the fact that somebody worked really hard to make it work
> >>this way, but IMHO it was an enormous waste of effort. Slow keys is a
> >>silly, stupid, frustrating thing that has taken me out of my train of
> >>thought more than once.
>
> Slow/Sticky keys settings are in XFCE Menu => Settings => Accessibility.
> Have a look and make sure the relevant options are unchecked.

If I may chime in, toggling this option doesn't have any effect.  I
believe there is a second setting somewhere that keeps the shortcut
functional.  So far my investigations have led me to these glib2
settings:

  org.gnome.desktop.a11y.keyboard slowkeys-enable

But the setting above with `gsettings' also seem to be ignored (probably
because the menu you pointed to is a frontend for this option, and it is
the same issue).  My understanding is very little about desktop
configuration mechanisms, so I have put this on hold for a later time.

--
Suvayu