ANNOUNCE: xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.1 released

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Mon Aug 6 14:50:18 CEST 2012

Am 06.08.2012 14:26, schrieb Guido Berhoerster:
> * Liviu Andronic <landronimirc at gmail.com> [2012-08-06 14:17]:
>> On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Harald Judt <h.judt at gmx.at> wrote:
>>> xfce4-weather-plugin 0.8.1 is now available for download from
>>>
>> [..]
>>
>>> - Bump minimum requirements to XFCE-4.6.
>>>
>> Does this mean that the latest release is now compatible with 4.6? I
>> tried to configure it against Xfce 4.6 but it failed:
>> checking for libxfce4ui-1 >= 4.7.0... not found
>> *** The required package libxfce4ui-1 was not found on your system.
>> *** Please install libxfce4ui-1 (atleast version 4.7.0) or adjust
>> *** the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
>> *** installed the package in a nonstandard prefix so that
>> *** pkg-config is able to find it.
>>> /home/liv/Build/xfce4-weather-plugin-0.8.1/configure (28151) returned '1'
>>
>> I don't think that libxfce4ui is available for 4.6. Did I
>> misunderstand something?
>
> No, the requirements are wrong. xfce4-weather-plugin is built as
> a module and uses libxfce4ui, both are only available on Xfce >=
> 4.8 so the minimum requirements should be raised to that.

Ok. Then I got it wrong again, sorry. I thought it might be compatible
with XFCE-4.6, but because of the libxfce4ui port and the module it
certainly cannot be anymore. I will raise the minimum requirements to
Xfce-4.8 for the next version.

Can someone please clarify which versions of xfce a panel plugin *has*
to support? Are there any rules? The wiki page only tells you the
dependencies for Xfce-4.{6,8,10}.

I'm not feeling like adding support for Xfce-4.6 back in. Ditching
support for Xfce-4.6 means I can throw away some more deprecated code
too, e.g. old tooltips code.

Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'