ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.4.0 released

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:59:00 CEST 2012

On 04/30/2012 06:56 PM, Andrzej wrote:

> [1] that's assuming the desired sorting order is "(あa一" and not "あ一
> (a", but AFAIK this is the way unicode works.

This weird(?) sorting order is caused by a case insensitive comparison
(which is default and not adjustable in GUI).

If I set:
MiscCaseSensitive=TRUE
in ~/.config/Thunar/thunarrc, then I get:
"(a一あ"

In my opinion, g_unichar_tolower goes too far in lowering the case of
unicode characters (it treats "あ" as a capital letter of "a").

This can potentially be changed (e.g. by not using g_unichar_tolower for
non-ascii characters). I'd like to hear opinion of native speakers of
non-alphabetic languages (ja, cn, ko, ru, etc.) on what would be your
preferred sorting behavior.

Andrzej