ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.4.0 released

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:56:56 CEST 2012

On 04/30/2012 04:15 PM, Stephan Arts wrote:

>>> thunar 1.4.0 is now available for download from
>>
>> It's a shame that the bug #7110[1] is not fixed yet. (I mentioned it as
>> priority bug for 4.10 in xfce-dev)

Patch added to bugzilla. Please check if it works correctly (it works
fine[1] on my desktop with the test case provided).

>> The bug is regression and blocker level for non-alphabet users.
>
> I have tested it, and the glib functions used there behave different
> then described.
>
> E_IDONOTUNDERSTANDWHATISHAPPENING

Seems like g_utf8_get_char returned a correct value but it was then
changed to '0' during a type conversion.

> I agree this bug is anoying, but it is definitely not blocking.

IMHO, this particular bug was really bad, as bad as a crash, making
Thunar unusable for a large fraction of Xfce users.

If the fix is correct, could someone make a 1.4.1 release asap?

[1] that's assuming the desired sorting order is "(あa一" and not "あ一
(a", but AFAIK this is the way unicode works.

Andrzej