Window resizer is too hard to grab.

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Sat Apr 7 19:24:39 CEST 2012

All,

I'd google for an answer to this, but I don't quite know how to  phrase
the question:

When a window is not maximized you can grab the edge of it to re-size
it, yes? But the 'grab zone' for that function seems to be only one
pixel wide AFAICT. I have my mouse set to very coarse movement, and that
means that when I want to re-size a window I need a surgeon's touch to
move my mouse pointer onto  the 'edge' without loosing it again.  I just
love how you can set the 'snap distance' for windows. Is there some way
to do the same thing for  window resizing? I mean  set the width in
pixels where the re-size function is active? Or maybe achieve the same
thing by making the border around windows bigger?  This is one of those
things that is a non-stop bother.

Tx.