Would Like to Change NumLock Behavior to Match MS Windows Behavior

Mișu Moldovan dumol at xfce.org
Fri Sep 16 14:54:09 CEST 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 14:45, Gilbert Sullivan <whirly.gig at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 09/16/2011 04:13 AM, Mișu Moldovan wrote:
>>[snip]
>> Try a keyboard indicator with a dedicated led for a visual cue of the
>> NumLock state. To easily switch the state of the NumLock key you could
>> try XkbOptions in xorg.conf or a dedicated program like numlockx.
>
> Thank you for the suggestions.
>
> By "keyboard indicator" I take it that you mean software that places a
> telltale in the notification area, or are you talking about an actual piece
> of hardware?

I was referring to a piece of software. I used to run Gkrellm and it
had a plugin (gkrellm-xkb?) which displayed a flag for the national
keyboard layout and the state of numlock & capslock. I remember
patching it to add the Romanian flag... I've since switch to conky and
minimized the number of visual distractions on my desktop.

An Xfce-specific work seems to be xfce4-kbdleds-plugin, details at
http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=5954 .

[snip]

--
mișu