Default theme (panel)

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 29 09:16:07 CET 2011

One minor suggestion for the next release's default theme.

I think the panel should look distinctly different from the rest of Gtk
applications. It's not just for "better looking" - having a panel that
looks like other applications is quite confusing, especially when the
application windows are maximized.

I normally dim the panel a bit using Panel/Appearance/Opacity settings
or apply a greybird theme (not that I like it very much), which uses a
dark theme for the panel.

Perhaps the default Xfce theme could do the same?

Andrzej