how's XFCE in XUbuntu 11.10

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 21:17:53 CET 2011

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM, Marton Balazs <balmar3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also changed to Xfce and like it a lot, thanks for all Contributors.
> In fact, there is one single bit of Gnome I keep using: gnome-terminal

I tend to see apps such as gnome-terminal/xfce4-terminal or
file-roller/xarchiver/squeeze more as addons to a DE, than part of the
DE itself. I for one have never used Gnome, but make extensive use of
file-roller.

> has its "Set Character Encoding" item in its menu, for which I couldn't
> find a replacement using xfce4-terminal. Is there any? I have to switch
> often between utf8 and iso-8859-1.

Try Help > Contents > Usage > To switch between different encodings.
There seems to be a way.

Regards
Liviu