Lightweight display manager for xfce?

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Thu May 26 20:09:48 CEST 2011

Hi.

Clemens Eisserer, 26.05.2011 13:03:
> The only thing left which bothers me is GDM, it takes as long as xfce
> to start if not longer and seems to pull a lot of dependencies.
> Is there a lightweight display manager where xfce's shutdown/reboot
> buttons work?

I’d like to ask if you actually need a DM at all. I for myself have
gotten rid of all of them and can live happily without them. All I
needed was automatic login upon boot and startup of X. I achieved this
thanks to mingetty and a few lines in my ~/.bash_profile as described
here for SysVinit and systemd:

http://noctus.net/2011/mingetty-und-systemd

Maybe this also suffices for you. It can’t get any faster and smaller
than this. ;-)

Regards, Mathias