Pop-up-menu

Harald Judt h.judt at gmx.at
Wed May 25 18:04:59 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 25.05.2011 17:14, schrieb Schneidhuber, Bruno:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question, which I couldn't solve by googling.
>
> Where can I customize the pop-up-menu (the menu, that appear when I make
> a right-click to the desktop)?
> I have to change the whole menu, not only append some sub-menus.

AFAIK, you would have to edit /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu,
part of garcon, which is Xfce's freedesktop.org specification compatible
menu implementation library.

There's a gnome menu editor called alacarte for this, but I have never
tried this before, as I don't want to install all that gnome stuff.

> Is it possible to change the mouse-button only for the popup-menu? The
> pop-up-menu should appear at a left-click, but everything else should
> remain as before.

There's no setting I know of. You can hold <Shift> and left-click, as
this works. Otherwise: Not without patching the source code; If you want
to do that, look at
http://git.xfce.org/xfce/xfdesktop/tree/src/xfce-desktop.c, function
xfce_desktop_button_press_event around line 850.

I hope this helps,
Harald

--
`Experience is the best teacher.'