Printer configuration

Al Bogner xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sun Mar 20 22:25:02 CET 2011

Am So, 20 Mär 2011 14:57:02 CET schrieb Charlie Kravetz:

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:35:56 +0100
> Al Bogner <xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc> wrote:
>
> > Maybe it is not XFCE related, but at least there are few entries in
> > the XFCE menu for the printer. Can everything be setup for a
> > printer with the XFCE menu and Xubuntu or are there other things
> > necessary outside of XFCE? A link to read how to setup a printer
> > with Xubuntu is welcome. I have a working setup with Opensuse and
> > yast, but now I am very unsure, what is necessary with Xubuntu.
> >
> > Al
> be asked there. Xfce is the Desktop Environment, the users may or may
> not know what does exist on the Ubuntu wiki, where most things having
> to do with Ubuntu and Xubuntu exist. Also, the users of Xubuntu
> specifically would know how to configure Xubuntu.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, this wiki article does not exist.

Of course I searched the net, before I asked here. I found things in
the XFCE menu like printer queue and permissions, but didn't find
something where the printer model can be chosen and I assume this is
the 1st step. With Suse this can be done with yast.

I didn't know that there is a Xubuntu mailinglist, thanks for this info.

Al