Plans of Xfce4-notifyd on persistence?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Sat Mar 19 18:32:26 CET 2011

On 03/19/2011 03:26 PM, Jérôme Guelfucci wrote:
> On 19/03/11 14:14, Panu Matilainen wrote:

>>> Hello Matias,
>>>
>>> I don't have any particular plans regarding this. If you feel like
>>> working on it, I would be glad to provide some guidance and review your
>>> work.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just FYI, I'm having a look at this right now (hence the bogus bug about
>> missing files in git repo, sorry about the newbie mistake :)
>>
>> What Gnome's notification-daemon does is create exactly one
>> GtkStatusIcon (I think it's called "message tray" or such in the gnome
>> world) which is used to access and clear all the "pending" persistent
>> notifications. Shouldn't be particularly hard to add similar behavior to
>> xfce4-notifyd.
>>
>> - Panu -
>
> Hello Panu!
>
> I'm happy to see someone willing to work on this! Could you please open
> an enhancement request where we can move the technical and UI discussions?

Sure, will do. I poked around this a fair amount to get an idea how the
persistence & related stuff is supposed to work in gnome etc, forming a
few opinions and ideas along the way (I have to say I'm not entirely
convinced about some things). I'll try to write it up the findings into
an RFE tomorrow.

	- Panu -