Unable to get a panel on multiple screens

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Fri Mar 18 23:47:32 CET 2011

I am running openSUSE 11.4 with XFCE 4.8.0. I have 3 monitors on two
videocards with NVidea. Seperate screens for each monitor, so no Xinerama.

When I want to add a panel, it works. However if I want to select a
different monitor, the panel crashes, so I am unable to get a panel where I
want.

I looked if I could put different panels on one monitor, edit some file to
have them show on some other monitor. However I have no idea what file or
what to edit.

I have tried with a new 'clean' user and got the same result.

Any help would be apriciated as I could otherwise not work with it.

houghi