Xfce Digest, Vol 91, Issue 19

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 18:32:46 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
> Other fm's like nautilus or dolphin are automobiles,equipped with
> stereos, vanity mirrors, air conditioning, seat belts. Rodent is a plain
> and simple bicycle, light and nimble. And faster.

Can you prove that (with numbers)? Because from my first look at
Rodent it's not faster (startup, folder loading etc) then Thunar
(which uses the same backend as Nautilus). Rodent also keeps using 5%
cpu (ouch!) and uses more memory (I admit, not counting the gvfs
daemons that are also started for Thunar/GIO).

So Rodent is for sure a (somewhat) different way to access the
filesystem, but to call it fast is a different topic if you ask me...
But try to prove me wrong.

Nick