Xfce Digest, Vol 91, Issue 19

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Wed Jun 22 17:09:16 CEST 2011

El 22/06/11 05:00, Olivier escribió:
> Hey Edscott,
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org> wrote:
>>
>> How long do good things last? Scorpion fossils place them at 500 to 250
>> million years old. Good designs don't have to change. That's why I ride
>> a bicycle.
>
> Actually, the bicycle is a fairly recent invention from the 19th century :-)
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle
>
> (as compared to, say, horses ^_~)

Agreed, but as the cited source states, "Several components that
eventually played a key role in the development of the automobile were
originally invented for the bicycle."

Other fm's like nautilus or dolphin are automobiles,equipped with
stereos, vanity mirrors, air conditioning, seat belts. Rodent is a plain
and simple bicycle, light and nimble. And faster.

Can a bicycle really be faster than an automobile? Take a look at this
video of Rodent versus the automobile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-t7IwLGTHE

no unnecessary frills...

--

cheers!