xfce4-wmdock-plugin not working

houghi houghi at houghi.org
Thu Jul 28 11:03:01 CEST 2011

I want to try out xfce4-wmdock-plugin and as it is not in my package
manager (openSUSE 11.4 64 bit) I am trying to build and use it myself.
http://www.ibh.de/~ellguth/xfce4-wmdock-plugin.html
http://goodies.xfce.org/projects/panel-plugins/xfce4-wmdock-plugin

The steps are :
	1) Compile and install the package as usual
This I do using the following:
./configure --prefix=/usr -libexecdir=/usr/lib && make && sudo make install
No errors there.

Set the size of the panel to 64
Done

	2) Right click on the panel and add the WMdock plugin
This does not seem to work. I see plugins like XfAplett and Screenshot
and nothing that might relate to WMdock

However : houghi at penne : ls -1 /usr/lib/xfce4/panel-plugins
xfce4-cpufreq-plugin
xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
xfce4-diskperf-plugin
xfce4-fsguard-plugin
xfce4-mixer-plugin
xfce4-mpc-plugin
xfce4-netload-plugin
xfce4-orageclock-plugin
xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
xfce4-sensors-plugin
xfce4-systemload-plugin
xfce4-weather-plugin
xfce4-wmdock-plugin
xfce4-xfapplet-plugin

What can I do to solve this? Have I done something wrong? Is there a file
I can see if there are errors when the panel loads it? Do I need to do
anything else?

If somebody would have a spec file for openSUSE, it would be even better
(and easier).

As it isn't a bug, yet more likely my own doing I ask it here and not at
the bug adress provided on the pages.

houghi
--
Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
and why. Then do it.