Looking for new archive.xfce.org mirrors

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 21:46:43 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Nick Schermer <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Xfce users,
>
> Last week we've changed the mirror layout for archive.xfce.org, to
> avoid the downtime we had during the 4.6.0 release. We now have 3 good
> mirrors online in Europe (2 in Belgium and 1 in Sweden), 2 are in the
> process for the USA. All the websites moved to another, non-mirror,
> server.
>
> This means we have Europe covered enough and North America is decent,
> but South America, Africa, Asia and Australia don't have their own
> mirrors yet.
>
> So, if you have a good server that can host a mirror in these
> continents or know someone else, contact us!
>
> These are the requirements:
> - Hourly sync over rsync.
> - Virtual-host setup to accept archive.xfce.org (for round-robin) and
> archive.XX.xfce.org (direct access).
> - The archive is currently ~6GB in size.
> - Should be hosted on a decent server with a good connection.
> - Data transfer is estimated at around 2,5GB a day (we've just started
> actually monitoring this and it will be higher during major releases).

To give everyone an update, archive.xfce.org is online and we got 3
new mirrors: http://archive.xfce.org/feeds/collection/xfce.mirrorlist

But still no new mirrors in the continents we hoped for!

The requirements also changes a bit now we use mirrorbrain:
- Virtual host is not a requirements anymore.
- We'd prefer rsync readonly access for the mirrorbrain server, so we
can quickly check the mirror status.

Cheers,
The Xfce development team