locking screen on suspend

Jonathan Stott jonathan.stott at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 12:46:41 CET 2011

Hi

I'm running archlinux on my laptop, which is using xfce4.8.  I'm
asking the question here, as archlinux is just using the xfce4
distribution tarballs directly.

I've installed the xfce-power-manager program (1.0.3), and configured
it to lock the screen on suspend.  When I trigger suspending via right
clicking on the applet and ordering it to suspend, it works (though
the way my desktop sometimes flashes back a little before the lock
kicks in is a little worrying).

When I tell the session to suspend via the log out dialog, it
suspends, but doesn't lock the screen.  What configuration do I need
to enable to have the session suspend honour those settings?

Regards
Jon