Delayed autostart

Simon Friis paldepind at linux.com
Fri Feb 18 20:38:54 CET 2011

2011/2/18 Al Bogner <xfce at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc>

> My notebook is automatically connected with Netmwork-Manager. The
> VoIP-app is started automatically too. It takes a few seconds until an
> internet connection is available, so a stun-server cannot be found
> immediately. How can I do a delay at startup with the voip-app?
>
> Al

There might be a better solution but this should work.

Create a shell script like this (remember to make it executeable):
#!/bin/bash
(sleep 10s && commandtorun) &

Then in the Xfce Setting Manager select Session and Startup. Add a new
startup application by clicking on the add button. Give it a name and
a description. In the command box enter the full path to the script.
Now the given command will be run after the defined delay everytime
you log in.

- paldepind