[Off-topic] Re: Xfce 4.8 reference distro?

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 3 13:30:34 CET 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 03.02.2011, 11:36 +0100 schrieb Maximilien Noal:
> Le 03/02/2011 10:44, Mișu Moldovan a écrit :
> > Bela Markus<bmarkus at hasix.org>  a scris:
> >>
> >> can you advice a distribution offering Xfce 4.8 wich can be used as a
> >> reference?
> ArchLinux (it's a rolling release, so it had Xfce 4.8 available the day
> after release :) ).

This makes me wonder: Who does testing and bugfixing?

We had Xfce 4.8 in Rawhide (Fedora's rolling development release) on
release day, too, but I wouldn't dare handing this out to users. What
about fixing the regressions compared to 4.6? What about the broken deps
of many goodies? What about distro integration?

Please don't take this as bashing, I'm just curious.

Regards,
Christoph