Duplicate entries on menu/submenus

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Dec 22 04:20:19 CET 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 17:06:33 -0600
Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 13:11:46 -0500
> john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
>
> > One more time. My menu system has duplicate entries for common
> > programs like Kget and Gwenview. I want to delete one such entry, I
> > don't care which (both work.) How do I do this?
> >
> > I tried the XFCE forum but ended up in password purgatory.
> >
> > I use Slackware ovarlaid with Salix. XFCE 4.6.2
>

> If I remember correctly, you build a lot of stuff willy-nilly
> from source and (partially) overwrite system stuff sometimes,
> so have a look in /usr/local/share/applications/ and
> $HOME/.local/share/applications/ for duplicate desktop files.
>
> -RW
>               http://www.doteasy.com

Well the latter had no entries and the former had seven:
----------------
Kino.desktop  bluefish.desktop  claws-mail.desktop  cmyktool.desktop
gimp.desktop  inkscape.desktop  mimeinfo.cache
relation to the duplicate menu items. Since the duplicates are mostly
KDE programs I will look for menu items on that side.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"