"Defaults" button in every settings screen

Michael Orlitzky michael at orlitzky.com
Sat Dec 10 19:15:16 CET 2011

On 12/10/2011 11:12 AM, Harald Judt wrote:

>> I understand if it's a low priority enhancement or even not worth the
>> trouble at all -- I was merely arguing that it would be useful to me and
>> that I'm not a bad person for playing around with my desktop settings.
>
> I believe no one accused you of that, and that your personality is not
> in question here? I'm sorry if I conveyed that impression.

Oh, no, I was just being a little facetious. I have not and will not
ever be personally offended by a desktop environment discussion =)

The general agreement seemed to be that we shouldn't need this feature
because people who would use it are doing something wrong already. I
didn't want there to be the impression that playing around with -- and
maybe completely trashing -- your settings is a bad (or even unusual)
thing to do.