"Defaults" button in every settings screen

Andrzej ndrwrdck at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 8 18:23:10 CET 2011

On 12/08/2011 07:48 AM, Robby Workman wrote:

>> I think one small but very useful feature that I would hope
>> XFCE would inherit from KDE is "Defaults" button in desktop
>> settings dialogs.
>
> I tend to agree that this would be useful.  Since nobody replied,
> and since this list is primarily for user issues (as opposed to
> development issues), please file a feature/enhancement request
> on the bugzilla.

I agree, this has bit me several times already. It's way too easy, for
example, to wipe out the whole list of plugins in the panel.

Personally, I'd love to have some sort of load/save mechanism (with the
"default" setup being on the list of profiles to load). This way we
could even ship multiple preconfigured profiles for different use cases.

Andrzej