Strange problem with genmon plugin - command doesn't get executed at startup

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Wed Dec 7 15:03:12 CET 2011

I have an odd problem with the genmon plugin.

I'm running the latest version of the plugin (3.3.0) which I have built
myself on an xubuntu 11.04 system because I want one of the enhancements
in this version of the plugin.

It all appears to work as it should when I add an instance of the genmon
plugin to the panel, I'm running a little python script to generate the
text that the genmon plugin displays, it works exactly as it should
after installation in the panel.

However if/when I shut down and restart although the genmon plugin is
still installed on the panel it displays nothing.  If I leave the Label
box ticked then it *does* display the label but doesn't display the
output of the python script.  Opening and closing the properties
dialogue makes the text appear correctly.

This used to work perfectly OK on xubuntu 10.10.

Any ideas what may be wrong anyone?

--
Chris Green